Sunday, December 15, 2013

1st day of KINDERGARTEN!

This was an emotional day for me...I was SO nervous for Mae to go, a little sad about how fast the time has gone, and anxious that she wouldn't think it was all she had imagined it to be.  I worried myself sick a few nights before--poor Coby, having to deal with me every night trying to express all this to him.  Mae could not contain her excitement.  She thought long and hard about what, out of her many, outfits she should wear and finally made up her mind.  We have the bus come to our neighborhood and Mae was determined, regardless of what I thought, that she WAS riding the bus.  We finally came to a compromise where she would ride the bus and I would meet her at school to help her find her class and make sure she got there ok.  THEN, after school I would meet her there again to make sure she got on the RIGHT bus to make it home.  There was a lot of running around that day, but it was a VERY good day!







When we got to the bus stop, Mae's BFF Reagan was also starting kindergarten, though not in the same class :(



I love these two holding hands as they got on the bus...


When Mae got home, she was RAVING about how AWESOME kindergarten was and since then has done so AMAZING in her class.  Her teacher has said that she is the best reader she has in both her classes and Mae is learning so much and having such a great time!  I love watching Mae grow up, even though it is hard for me to think of how fast the time has gone and how it will continue to do that.  Love you my BIG kindergartener!

0 comments: