Saturday, August 31, 2013

Mae's 5th!

 For Mae's birthday I decided I would take this old barbie house that used to be mine and revamp it for her.  It was really gross and disgusting and I mean, REALLY after having been in storage for a VERY loooooooooonnnnnnnnggggggggggggg time.  This picture was taken after I had ripped out most of the carpet and wallpaper, but it looked even worse before.  I had a hard time deciding what color scheme I wanted to do until Mae became obsessed with a new show called Monster High.  It is actually a really cute show about girl monsters who are all prettied up and in high school--perfect for her!  Anyways they use the colors black, white, hot pink and bright blue....and from there the inspiration turned into................

THIS!  I was actually really happy with how it turned out.  And I have an inkling that I wasn't the only one.  I ended up working on it til the wee hours of the night (ahem, like 3:00 in the AM), but it was totally worth it, when I saw this....

Just look how happy she looks and that makes me really happy!


Mae decided that she wanted breakfast in bed in mom and dad's bed and since it was her special day that my friends is what we did...and Mae does, Miss Lu usually wants to follow suit.

The rest of the day was just one of the blissfully perfect days.  The weather was wonderful and we spent the day hanging out in our swimsuits, playing outside in the sprinklers and jumping in the bounce house.  It was perfect.

And it kept on going.  Later that night it was time for Mae's birthday party!  We did it at the rec center for even more bounce house fun as we have limited options for birthday parties here in Vernal.

Mae wanted to go with a Monster High theme and this cake did NOT disappoint.

Mae was SUPER excited to have all her BFFs there for her party!

If that isn't the face of 100% absolute joy, I don't know what is.  Seriously, how unbelievably cute is that?!!

And Emme always loves cake!


and then came the PRESENTS!!!

I love this one...Mae and Reagan are really inspecting those pants.  The teenage years are fast approaching :/


Happy Birthday to our big 5 year old!  I hope you enjoyed your special day as much as we did!  
Love you Miss Mae!  Please STOP growing!

0 comments: