Wednesday, January 23, 2013

California Girls!

That is right my friends...this is the California trip I was speaking about.  GIRLS TRIP TO CALIFORNIA!!!  No kids, hubbies or any of the like!  It was awesome!  Lindsay's gracious aunt has an unbelievably amazing beach house she let us come invade for a few days and I for one was on board with that! 

As usual, what trip or event of any kind could begin without cupcakes???  None that I know of...
 Of course we hit the beach pretty hard...



 Gotta love the stripeys....
 Sunset on the beach!  Doesn't get much better than that.

And even more than the beach, we hit dessert and eating even harder...So what if we planned our days around it?  And sometimes we got even a little silly when we did :)
Our little walk, that turned into a LONG hike to Crystal Cove--awesome historic little vintage beach town.
Apparently someone else had the same sentiments as us...

 We even made it to the temple, which as usual, was beautiful.
 And what trip would be complete without SHOPPING???
Oh yes, and even MORE desserts...Is that even possible?
 In our defense, we did attempt to work off at least part of a cupcuke by leisurely riding our beach cruisers down the boardwalk...
 without bodily injury I might add...
 Oh, and did I mention we like to eat?
 Sad days coming home and realizing our dessert binge may or may not be over...
I've said it before, but I will say it again, I truly have the best friends!  As much as I LOVE being a mom and a wife (because it is TOTALLY awesome) it was so nice to get away from it all and be with my friends, who I love dearly and have known for such a long time...So, when we going again?

0 comments: