Friday, February 17, 2012

Night out with my Lu!



Friday night I was lucky enough to get a "girls night out"--even better because it was with Lu. This was really the first time I've gone out besides a quick trip to the store or something just me and Lu and I was soooooooooo excited to spend a little one-on-one with my spunky little 2 year-old. Being the child that she is I knew a movie would not work for her. We decided that we would go out to dinner, dessert at Farr's Fresh for some ice cream (because what girls night out is complete without ice cream???) and finish off a the dollar store for a special prize (can I just point out how much I truly LOVE the dollar store? I am constantly AMAZED at what $1 can actually buy!). We had daddy snap a quick picture before we left for our fun night! I didn't take my camera into the restaurant, but Lu wanted french fries and a corn dog, so we hit up one of my favorites in town, Country Grub. She was so exited to sit in the booth with me eating her food (actually mostly her fry sauce and ketchup) and her root beer. There is a TV in the restaurant and our booth was right by it and "Dancing with the Stars" was on. Lu was so cute watching this and every once in a while would bust out a move of her own...what a cutie!





After dinner, on the way to the ice cream store, we passed Lu's favorite thing in Vernal--the PINK dinosaur! We always wave and say "hello" as we drive by, but being our special night tonight, I flipped a U-y and turned around so Lu could get her picture taken by her "pretty" dinosaur. She was a little nervous when we got up to it because it is A LOT bigger than it looks when you just drive by. As we walked up to it, she kept making sure that it in fact was a "nice" dinosaur and wasn't going "bite" her. I snapped one quick picture of just her cuz she was a little unsure of the whole thing and got one of both of us. The dinosaurs eyes move and when Lu saw that, that was it--all she could talk about the rest of the time!





After the grand adventure with the dinosaur, we hit up Farr's Fresh. The only stipulation Lu had on what kind she wanted, is that it HAD to be "pink." We were in luck! She got raspberry ice cream and pointed out what kind of goodies she wanted on it.




She thought it was way cool to take bites for the camera and then even cooler was dancing to the music they had on and making sure I was taking some pictures of her!


What a DOLL! I love my little "Wild Child" sooooooooo much! Thanks for a GREAT girl's night out Lu!

0 comments: