Sunday, September 1, 2013

Enter JACK

Let me just start out saying I hate mice.  I mean, I REALLY hate mice.  They turn me into a stark raving crazy person so, you can imagine the lengths I go to keep them out of my house.  Well, I started to see mouse droppings around our house a little.  The droppings were traumatizing enough and then I saw an actual mouse.  Not good.  After debating with myself, finally I had had enough and decided we were getting a cat.  I say cat because I had an adult cat already picked out from an animal shelter here in town.  The girls were more than ecstatic when they saw the picture and we bought the food and everything for this cat.  And then the lady flaked out on me.  No cat.  The girls were DEVASTATED.  Thankfully, quickly I was able to find someone with baby kittens.  Not exactly what I had had in mind, but I didn't want to disappoint my girls.  I told Lu she could pick out the cat and name him because Mae had named Marley our dog.  All it had to be was a boy because I don't want any more kittens.  When we got here, I had a beige little kitten all picked out, when Lu said No, she wanted the black and white one.  I should have known.  Lu loves zebras and anything black and white.  So we took him home.  She eventually decided on "JACK" and Jack it is.

 Never in the history of the world has a cat been more loved.  They wake up in the morning and before they even come into our room.  Oh, you are loved Mr. Jacky-boy!  And guess what, I have yet to find any more mouse droppings OR seen any more mice...Mom is happy too!

0 comments: